Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of this Regulation is to establish a fair review standard by establishing proper
screening procedures for papers submitted for publication in the Journal of Korean Dental
Science published by the Korean Academy of Dental Science
- 1. Title: Conciseness and logical reflection of paper content
- 2. Abstract: Purpose of paper content, appropriateness of the subject, length (within 250
words in English)
- 3. Introduction/Theoretical Background: Research background and purpose, clarity of research
observations, the number of literature reviews and their association with the text, the
connection between the theoretical background and the research problem and purpose
- 4. Materials and Methods: Research materials and methods, suitability of problem solving,
reliability of research methods, appropriateness of research data analysis techniques
- 5. Results and Discussion: Clarity of the results of research analysis, sufficiency of data
reporting, accuracy of data, logic of interpretation of results, connection between research
problems and conclusions, contribution and utility of research results
- 6. References: Accuracy, up-to-date it is, appropriateness, suitability of form
Article 3 Review Process
- 1. In principle the submitted manuscripts are, reviewed by three peers per work by judges
commissioned through the editorial committee.
- 2. The review is conducted by three experts in the relevant field appointed by the Editorial
Committee, based on Article 3 of this regulation, and the results are prepared as a review
result report and submitted to the Editorial Committee.
- 3. The Editorial Committee may request a person appointed as a reviewer to submit a list of
research achievements for the last 3 years if necessary for the appointment of an impartial
- 4. The judges shall write the title of the submitted paper, the review outline, the
suitability when compared with the review criteria, and the general review in the result
report, and mark with a seal or sign it.
Article 4 Review Method
- 1. Papers to be reviewed without the author's name.
- 2. Judges cannot review their own paper.
- 3. The judges evaluate the results as one of the following and report them to the editorial
- ① Publication without modification
- ② Publication after revision
- ③ Re-examination after revision
- ④ Rejected for Publishing
- ① Publication without modification
- 4. If the results of the review fall under Chapter 3, No. 2, No. 3, and No. 4, the judges
shall disclose the specific evaluation summary in the review opinion.
- 5. If the results of the judges are different, the majority opinions will be applied.
- 6. If more than one of the judges decides that publication has failed to meet the standard,
then it will be rejected.
- 7. The editorial committee decides whether to publish each submitted manuscript (paper)
based on the opinion of judges. The quorum of the editorial committee is based on the
attendance of a majority of the members, and the quorum for determining whether to publish a
submitted paper will be based on the majority of those attendance.
Article 5 Result Notification and Confidentiality
- 1. The editor-in-chief must notify the authors of each submitted paper individually of the
results of the review.
- 2. The contributor of the manuscript (paper) receiving the revision instructions must
re-submit the paper after revising and supplementing it within 7 days from the date of
notification of the result.
- 3. Contributors who object to the revised order may file an objection plea within 7 days
from the date of result notifications. In such a case, the editorial committee determines
the validity of the objection and whether or not to publish it.
- 4. The reviewers of each submitted manuscript (paper) must keep confidentiality in all
matters related to the paper review.
Article 6 Plagiarism
If there is a plagiarism dispute on published paper, the Korean Academy of Dental Science Ethics
Regulations shall be followed.
Article 7 (Amendments)
This regulation can be amended through the resolution of the board of the Korean Academy of
This regulation will take effect from September 10, 2009.